Friday, September 14, 2007

Eyes Opening

From Rhonda:

Tally ho!! or something like that. What an experience this has been. We have been in Britain for a full day or so I think. That jet lag is hitting me or maybe it was that long night with the new family. Carol and Sean had there Laws and Customs ceremony last night. In true American fashion, I only needed this to take about 2 hours but in African fashion we did not leave the house until @100am. Lucky for us Carols bridesmaid N'Kem(cool girl) drove us back to the hotel to save us the 50 lb fair. You got it, we would have paid 100.00 dollars to get back to the hotel. Somehow God always has us in his favor. We would have been Broke in Britain's right now. It was so interesting to meet Carol's sister and two brothers. They have such similarities.

This experience makes me wonder how America is the "Super" power. Our approach is so America focused that it is an eye opener to see that we are partners in a World. In just this short time we have seen people from all corners of the world. There have been Nigerians, Jamaicans, Asians, French and Italian people everywhere. It's like going to New York. I used to think that Americans smoked too much. Now, if you were to ask me I'd say the entire world smokes to much. If I counted everyone I've seen smoking, I'd earn a degree in counting. No wonder there's smog, some say its from exhausts but I think it's mainly cigarette smoke.

Well we'll see what today brings. After a long jet leg nap we are on to the Tube to see what we can see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kewl

anyone smoke cigars?