Friday, September 21, 2007

It's alright to cry.

From Seko:
Wifey and I arrived in Norfolk @ 7:30. No one was waiting for us at the plane exit. Wifey went to call someone ont he tele' and I was drawn to the baggage claim where I ran into mi ninos holding ballons and signs yelling "DADDY" ! My daughter began singing and dancing while my son hugged me hard and then "Where's mommy?" I told him "She'll be right behind me." While hugging my Mum-in law. Looking back at my son he was very upset and he began holding me on the side. Daughter-girl is still dancing and making up a song about with the words "I missed you Daddy !" with a glowing jovial smile. Mum-in Law and Pops-in law are now asking questions and I tell them "We need to get Rhonda." while Wifey comes up to us and begins hugging the children. Daughter-girl's song is now "Mommy and Daddy are back" and my son is holding his Mum and starting to cry. A moment ago he simply told me "I missed seeing you." while holding up his face towards the heavens, kinda looking through me. Now he's about to break down and it's a lovely sight. While on this trip I thought of my ninos frequently and wished that they could experience what we were experiencing. I wish they could have seen how beautiful the new cousin Carol looked at both wedding ceremonies (Cultural and Legal). I wished they could have been there to see cousin Sean's endless smile. He's gotten the woman he wanted. I wish they could have danced with me at the reception. I wished they could have laughed with Sister-Joy. I wished they could have been hugged by Nkem. I wished they could have experienced the beauty of old England and felt the gentle, subtle breeze of Mother Afrika's breath on her children. I'm glad to be home. My son has now been holding his Mum for about 8 minutes and finally broke down in a full out sob sharing his happiness and pain. While we were away all reports have said that he didn't share any feelings other than praying for his parents nightly. All of the feelings were revealed now. I'm glad to be back in his presence. I stopped his tears by giving him a peice of luggage to pull to the car. "Come'on Son-Sun" I said. He took the luggage and walked with us to the car slowly becoming his normal jovial self. At the car he said "Dad, It's good to be near you." I felt like breaking down, I did later that night reveling in the joy of my family. Quick tell you partner "It's alright to cry, Seko did."

No comments: